Enrollment and Degree Verifications

Enrollment and Degree Verifications

Enrollment & Degree Verifications

Enrollment verification includes the following:

  • Status: full or part time enrollment
  • Dates of attendance
  • Major

Degree verification includes the following:

  • Dates of attendance
  • Degree earned
  • Major

How to Obtain Enrollment or Degree Verifications

Letters verifying enrollment or degrees earned at Rowan University for lenders, insurance companies, employers, and others may be obtained by the student through the Office of the University Registrar ($5 processing fee) or through the National Student Clearinghouse (no charge).

Obtaining verification through the Registrar ($5 processing fee):

  1. Download and complete the Verification Request Form.
  2. Bring the form and $5 processing fee to the Office of the University Registrar (located on the first floor of Savitz Hall) OR Mail the form and $5 processing fee (check or money order only) to:
    • Office of the University Registrar, Savitz Hall
      Attn: Enrollment Verifications
      201 Mullica Hill Road
      Glassboro, NJ 08028
  • Mailed requests cannot be picked up in person and are normally processed within five business days.
  • Verifications for insurance companies can only be mailed to the student, not the company.

Obtaining Verification through the National Student Clearinghouse (no fee):

  1. Log in to Self-Service Banner and click the “Student” tab at the top of the menu.
  2. Choose "Student Records" from the menu options. 
  3. Click the "Request enrollment and/or degree verification" link to be directed to the Clearinghouse portal, then follow the instructions on that page to complete your request.
    • Please note that you must already have a Social Security Number on file in Banner.
    • A PDF of instructions can be found here.

Notes About the National Student Clearinghouse

The National Student Clearinghouse can provide enrollment and degree verification on any day at any time for dates after Jan. 1, 1980. They can be contacted at:

Other Parties

If you are an employer, credit card company, scholarship agency, insurance company, third party, and/or other agency needing to verify student enrollment or verification of degree(s) visit: Verification Services.