Name & Address Changes

Name & Address Changes

Name & Address Changes

Current students can change their name or address through the Office of the University Registrar. Alumni should contact the Alumni Engagement Office to request a name or address change.

How to make an Address Change Online

Current students may change their address online using Self-Service Banner:

  1. Go to and login using your Rowan NetID.
  2. Click on the "Personal Information" tab at the top/left.
  3. Select "Update Addresses & Phone." 

How to make a Legal Name, Gender or Address Change

Click here to make a change to legal name, gender or address.

Official documentation for name changes includes marriage certificate, divorce decree, court order, driver’s license or passport. Official documentation for gender changes includes birth certificate, court order, driver’s license or passport.

How to Request a Preferred/Affirming Name

The University Preferred Name Policy enables members of the campus community including students, faculty and staff to use and be known by a preferred name that affirms, reflects, and/or expresses their gender, culture, and/or other aspects of their social identity in the classroom and to conduct general business at the university.

Students who wish to use a preferred or affirming name may submit an online request form at

Important Notes about Changing Addresses and Official NJ Residency Policy

Please note that whatever you select as your permanent address must truly be your permanent address and reflect your official state of residency as determined by state law.

Changing your address will NOT automatically trigger a review of residency for tuition purposes. Students who move into New Jersey should make an official request for a residency review. Residency review requests should be made before the term bill is due. The Registrar runs address change reports several times each year, so students who change their address to an out-of-state address should be prepared to have their tuition adjusted to the out-of-state rate.