Faculty & Staff

Faculty & Staff

Assisting Students in Distress


Please refer to our Students in Distress Emergency Guide to provide you with important information and resources.

A faculty or staff member is often the first person to recognize when a student is in distress. Below is helpful information to be familiar with in the situation a student confides in you or you have concerns about. There are various counseling and psychological services offered in the Wellness Center and as a faculty, staff, or student, you can help refer a student or point them in the direction of the services here. 

We encourage the university community - faculty, staff, or students - to make referrals to the Counseling & Psychological Services (CPS)  if you have concerns about a particular student or peer. If assistance is needed, contact CPS during regular office hours and ask to speak to a counselor. In the event of an emergency situation, contact Public Safety at 856-256-4911 and ask to speak with a counselor on call. Individuals may also call the Wellness Center at 856-256-4333 and follow prompts to be connected to the on-call counselor after hours.