Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

ELP Frequently Asked Questions

Does the ELP offer scholarships for international students?

No; however, the ELP does keep its tuition at an affordable rate for most students

Do you offer ELP student advising?

The International Student Advisor for the ELP is Jay Tran.  Mr. Tran's office located in 129 N. Broadway, 4th Floor, Camden, NJ.  Mr. Tran is available to assist students in their acclimation to life in the United States, and academic or other obstacles a student might have, guidance on VISA issues and maintaining status. Mr. Tran also works closely with the ELP instructors to help assure student success.

Can I earn college credit for the ELP classes?

No. The ELP classes are non-credit only. However, we do offer credit-bearing students to eligible undergraduate students who are accepted into the university. See the Pathway Program for more details.

Do you offer Conditional Admission?

Yes. Rowan University offers conditional admission to eligible graduate and undergraduate students. See Conditional Admission Program for more information.

Do you offer on-campus housing?

Yes. ELP students may apply to live on the Glassboro campus. You will check this option on page one of the application.

Do you have home-stay housing options?


How long will it take me to complete the program?

We offer 5 levels, and each level lasts one semester (13-14 weeks). Depending on what level you place into and how you progress in the program, it will take anywhere from 1 semester to 5 semesters (18 months) to complete the program

Do I need to have a TOEFL or IELTS score to be accepted in the ELP?

No. You will take a test upon arrival to the university to determine which level you are placed in.

If I complete the ELP, do I still need to take the TOEFL or IELTS to get admitted into Rowan University?

No. Successful completion of the ELP is accepted by both undergraduate and graduate admissions in place of the TOEFL or IELTS test scores as proof of English language proficiency.

I am a permanent resident, can I get federal financial aid (FAFSA) to pay for the ELP classes?

The ELP is a non-credit program, so there is no federal financial aid. However, we do provide a tuition grant for permanent residents who are eligible. This is based on income.