Welcoming Dr. Jill Perry

Welcoming Dr. Jill Perry, newly appointed Faculty Center for Excellence and Learning Director! 

Dr. Jill Perry

Hi, I am Jill Perry, Director of the Faculty Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.  I joined the faculty of Rowan University in 2001 and am currently an Associate Professor of Mathematics Education. I earned my Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction with a Mathematics Cognate from the University of Central Florida in 2001 after having taught high school mathematics.

I am excited about the opportunities to collaborate with the Division of DEI in my new role as Director of the Faculty Center. I bring to this role 25 years of experience in K-20 educator professional development in curriculum development and enactment, instructional design, pedagogy, assessment and evaluation, and research methodologies. I also commit to inclusivity and social justice and work purposefully to relearn, think, question, and act in more responsive and responsible ways as an educator and human.

The Faculty Center, which serves as the primary hub for faculty and librarian support on the Glassboro campus, is committed to the University’s DEI Strategic Action Plan and will be enhancing and developing supports related to each of the strategic priorities:
  1. Creating a more inclusive and equitable campus community
    • By actively working on and with committees, councils, and initiatives focused on institutional change relevant to diversity, equity and inclusion in teaching, scholarship, and creative activities.
  2. Recruiting, retaining, and supporting a more diverse community
    • By creating more equitable and inclusive structures for induction and ongoing support of our diverse faculty and librarians.
  3. Promoting and supporting inclusive teaching, scholarship and professional development
    • By developing professional development focused on research-based and culturally responsive teaching practices, acquisition of skills to support diverse learners, and academic career progress.