Transfer Student FAQs

Transfer Student FAQs

Transfer Student FAQs

I just received my letter of acceptance. What’s next?

Once you have received an acceptance packet, check your personal email account (same one you listed on your application). Rowan University Transfer Services offers New Transfer Information sessions designed to assist you as you navigate campus resources, Self-Service Banner account (transfer credits, financial aid awards and course registration) and what to expect during New Student Orientation.


When is Transfer Orientation?

Transfer Student Orientation is required for all new students prior to the start of the semester. Please check the Office of Orientation and Student Leadership Program’s website for additional details. Not all major departments offer advising on all days of transfer orientation. When you make your orientation reservations online, you will be presented with which date(s) are available for your specific major.


Who is my academic advisor?

Every Rowan University student is assigned an academic advisor. Although you will meet with an academic advisor during Orientation you may also schedule an advising appointment prior to your orientation date. Please click here to locate your academic major and department advising contact.


I need a transfer credit evaluation. When will I receive one?

After you are accepted the Registrar’s Office will perform a transfer credit evaluation. In the meantime, please use for course equivalents. Also, if you are currently enrolled in classes for the current semester remember to send a final transcript to the Registrar’s Office at Rowan University once courses are completed to ensure that all of your credits are evaluated.


How can I access my transfer credit evaluation?

Once your transfer credit evaluation is completed, you can view it on Student Self Service Banner. You can find it listed on your Student Academic Transcript or Student Transfer Credit Report. If you have never logged on to Banner, you can find instructions here.


What do I do if a course doesn’t transfer the way I expected?

If you feel that a course was evaluated incorrectly, contact your academic advisor who can determine whether the course should be re-submitted to the Registrar’s Office or sent for further review by an academic department. If this step does not resolve the issues please email


How do I register for classes?

Check out the Registrar’s website for the Registration Dates & Deadlines for the upcoming term. It includes step-by-step instructions on registering through Banner. This guide also has information on registration dates, so you know when you are eligible to register. You can view lists of available courses on Self Service Banner, or you can search for available courses through Section Tally.


What if the course I need is full?

First, contact your advisor to determine whether there are alternate courses available that will fulfill degree requirements and keep you on track for graduation. If there are no alternative courses, you may be able to gain entry into a closed course with a course override form. This form requires a signature from the course instructor. Entry into closed courses is not guaranteed and faculty are limited by both fire codes and instructional design for particular courses. If a closed course is preventing you from graduating please contact the Coordinator for University Transfer Services via email (


What is GRAD?

GRAD stands for Graduation Requirements and Advising Database. GRAD is an online system which can be accessed through Self Service Banner at any time. It allows students and advisors to view past degree evaluation reports, generate new evaluation reports on current student data, or conduct a "what if" analysis for changing majors. Once your transferred credits are posted in Banner, you can use GRAD to estimate how many courses you need to complete in order to graduate. Always confirm any schedule or program changes with your academic advisor.


Where can I meet people and how can I get involved on campus?

Please visit the following websites to learn about the variety of programs, clubs and activities on campus:

Leadership Rowan

Student Clubs and Organizations

Student Government Association (SGA)

Student University Programmers (SUP)

Tau Sigma – National Honor Society for Transfer Students

The Office of Student Activities

TransferTopics Workshop Series


How do I sign up for on-campus parking?

Details for details on permit costs, parking lots and parking regulations can be found under the Student Tab in to Self Service Banner.


How and when can I apply for on-campus housing?

Information about on-campus housing is included in your admittance packet. The Office of Residential Learning & University Housing also has a list of frequently asked questions on their website.


Do you have additional questions?

Email to receive a prompt response.